The U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to recognizing American competitive cyclists and contributors to the sport for their significant achievements. Its mission is to preserve the history of American cycling in order to educate people about the past and encourage them to participate in the future of the sport. Encouraging all levels of cycling, the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame promotes cycling development and fitness.
Founded in 1986, the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame honors over 130 inductees in its 8,000 sq-ft facility located in Davis, California. Its American Cycling History Collection contains memorabilia, bicycles, and other cycling artifacts from the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.
How you can support the mission of the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame:
Become a Member Today! All membership dues go to help the Hall of Fame fulfill its mission “to preserve the history of American cycling in order to educate people about the past and encourage them to participate in the future of the sport”. As a 501c3 non-profit organization, the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame is dependent on cycling enthusiasts like you.
The 4 tenets of our mission are to:
- Honor America’s greatest cyclists and contributors
- Preserve the 120+ years of history of American cycling
- Educate all Americans about the rich cycling heritage
- Promote the growth of the sport of cycling
Visit our Membership Sign-up Page to join today.top
Do you have some great old cycling stuff in your attic or garage? The Hall of Fame is always happy to receive cycling-related artifacts for its collection. This could include historic bicycles, equipment, apparel, awards, periodicals, posters and other ephemera. If you have something you’d like to donate, please contact us at: email@example.com. The market value of your donation is tax deductible.top
We need your talents!
Join a Committee: If you have a special talent you’d like to contribute to the Hall of Fame, please consider applying to join one of our committees. Whether you can contribute a little or a lot of time, we can find a project that’s right for you. Committee’s that are accepting applications include:
- Marketing & PR Committee
- Special Events Committee (The fall Induction Ceremony & spring Gran Fondo Events)
Hall of Fame HQ Committee (manages exhibits & events at the Hall of Fame)Historic Collection Committee.
- Special Events Sponsorships: All types & sizes from our large marquee events to monthly museum events.
- Permanent & Special Exhibits: Help us create and/or present inspiring topical displays and exhibits at the Hall of Fame.
- Collection Preservation Projects: The Hall of Fame has thousands of artifacts in need of preservation and restoration.
- American Cycling History Programs: The impact of cycling on American culture and our effect on the global sport during the late 19th & early 20th centuries is a lost piece of history; Our legacy needs to be captured and communicated to all Americans.
Become a Docent: If you enjoy immersing yourself in cycling history, and talking about it too, this is the place for you. It also helps if you live close to the Hall of Fame in Davis. We need docents to staff the Hall of Fame and assist our patrons for a few hours each month. We’ll train you to answer questions about more than 120 years of American cycling history.
Work an Event: If your time is tight, we always need day-of-event help for our special events. If you’re interested in volunteering, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame executives many types of events & initiatives that could help support corporate sales, marketing, and communication objectives, while also supporting the mission of the Hall of Fame.
To learn more about sponsorship, co-marketing, and underwriting opportunities with the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame, contact Joe Herget.
Executive Director – U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame