U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame Accepting Nominations for 2018 Inductees
- Published on Tuesday, 20 March 2018 17:27
DAVIS, Calif. (March 20, 2018) – The U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame is accepting nominations for the 2018 class of inductees through April 30. Anyone can submit a nomination and nominees include those who have achieved tremendous success in racing or who have enhanced the sport of cycling through their lifelong efforts. To be eligible in a racing category, a period of at least 5 years must have passed for a nominee’s racing results to be considered. Nominees must also meet the USBHOF ethics guidelines.
Nomination information and forms can be found at: www.usbhof.org/nomination-process.
Nominations can be submitted along with supporting materials in the following categories:
1. Veteran Road & Track: for those who competed 35 years prior to the year of nomination.
2. Modern Road & Track: for those who competed 34 to 5 years prior to the year of nomination.
3. Off-Road (including BMX, Cyclo-cross and Mountain Biking) Competitor
4. Contributor: for any bicycling discipline
To achieve selection to the Hall, competitors are judged on their extraordinary success at the national and international levels. Contributors are those who have advanced the sport through contributions in such areas as equipment, coaching, technology, events and overall promotion.
The annual Hall of Fame Induction is held every fall. Since 1987 there have been a total of 154 Inductees voted into the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame which has been located in Davis, California since 2010. The USBHOF was originally created in Somerville, New Jersey.